Strong writing skills are the key to a more successful academic experience.
MathRise® Writing Tutoring provides your child with an individualized writing program designed to improve key skills needed for academic success. Our goal is to ensure that students are not only able to write at a proficient grade level, but can also answer critical thinking questions with ease both verbally and with written response.
The MathRise® Writing Assessment
Your pre-k to 7th grade child will take our in-depth age specific assessment which is aligned to target common learning goals. This assessment incorporates both state and common core standards with the goal of measuring benchmark strengths and weaknesses in your child’s writing skills, including: writing, grammar, word choice, ideas, mechanics, and organization.
Benefits of the MathRise® Writing Program
The MathRise® Writing Tutoring builds incrementally to develop students’ writing proficiency. Each targeted lesson covers specific concepts designed to improve the quality of writing, enhance grammar and improve overall command of the parts of speech.
Key features include:
- Writing assignments correlated to both state and common core standards.
- Tiered writing proficiency levels – each level builds upon the skills of the previous level – ensures proficiency and accelerates learning.
- Custom learning plan designed specifically to improve your child’s writing skills.
- Improves student writing skills and fluency
- Enhances student ability to organize information to create a story
- Improves student ability to correctly structure sentences and paragraphs.
- Assists in comprehension of new words and concepts based on vocabulary skills and knowledge of the parts of speech (non, verb, adjective, etc…)
- Builds the ability to convey ideas in writing (character analysis, inferencing, sequencing, cause/effect, author’s purpose, as well as main ideas and details)