Read Proficiently by 3rd Grade, or Get Held Back by : Stacee Parker posted on : 8/30/2013 New Arizona Law Takes effect Students must read proficiently by 3rd grade, or get held back By Stacee Parker As a third-grade teacher sits behind a desk with a group of students, each with a book in hand;, Read More

What you need to know about Common Core by : Mathrise posted on : 8/30/2013 Understanding the new Common Core State Standards Are you one of many parents who is frustrated trying to help your child understand their homework? Does your child bring home homework so complex it causes you, the parent, to spend your, Read More

How Learning Patterns Leads to Brighter Children by : Matt Powers posted on : 8/8/2013 Can your child see the forest from the trees? Do they have the ability to recognize patterns and spot opportunities and potential threats? Chances are they don’t. In fact, American students are frequently unable to spot even the most obvious, Read More

What is wrong with today’s math education? by : Tiffany Tunnell posted on : 8/4/2013 According to a 2011 educational study by the U.S. Dept. of Education, 40% of 4th grade students across America were either proficient or above proficient in mathematics. For those who are decent at math, this means the other 60% were, Read More